1. For smooth skin, crush four uncoated aspirins and mix 1 cup distilled water and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Use this 2-3 times a day for incredibly smooth skin and as an alternative to washing your face in the morning.
2. Once a week, use a natural honey face mask for softer skin and cleansed pores. Honey is a natural anti-bacterial and the best type to use is a raw honey, which usually has a sugary texture and doesn’t drip like processed honey.
3. If you have sensitive acne-prone skin, stay away from rich spicy foods, which only irritate and inflame your system.
4. Sleep. Staying up too late or not getting enough sleep wreaks havoc on your skin, causing it to look dull, tired, and likely leading to breakouts.
5. Use patchouli oil to quickly get rid of acne. Mix ten drops of this strong smelling oil with ten ounces of almond oil as a nightly moisturizer and anti-wrinkle treatment.
6. For soft hair, massage your head with rich coconut oil once a week, working it into your hair. Leave it in there for about three hours prior to washing it out with shampoo. Use just a dab of conditioner at the ends.
7. For shiny hair, mix one egg with a mashed up banana and apply it as a thick paste to your hair. Leave it on for 10-30 minutes, depending on your hair texture. Then, wash it out as usual and use conditioner only at the ends.
8. For natural hair dye, use henna and add in a bit of lemon to the paste. Leave it in your hair for about thirty minutes to one hair for a natural reddish/auburn tint.
9. To eliminate build up, rinse your hair with one cup of apple cider vinegar, followed by a minimal use of shampoo.
10. Washing your hair with boiled rice water is also a great alternative for shiny hair.
11. Use a mixture of pure olive oil with 1/2 parts sea salt as an in-shower body scrub. This combo completely eliminates the need for lotion and is great for winter weather.
12. Make sure you get in some sort of physical activity. Our mothers and grandmothers stayed in shape with simple stretches, and not grueling hours at the gym. Try reaping the benefits of yoga as a way to maintain your girlish figure.